วันเสาร์ที่ 16 ตุลาคม พ.ศ. 2553

Agri Zap RZU001 Rat Zapper Ultra

Agri Zap RZU001 Rat Zapper Ultra
The new, larger Rat Zapper Ultra offers you more kills and longer stand-by times. Perfect for larger rats (and mice too!), ongoing rodent infestations and commercial applications. Larger chamber than the Rat Zapper Classic. Bait with ordinary pet food. Mice and rats enter the chamber and are dispatched with a quick but powerful jolt of electricity. If they'll fit in the chamber, Rat Zapper will dispatch them! No blood, no gore, no mess, and no poisons to endanger your pets or the environment. Flashing kill light tells you when you have a catch; simply tip the Rat Zapper and let the dead rodent slide into the trash can. Dimensions: approximately 4" x 4-3/4" X 11-1/2". Approximately 30 kills with one set of 4 alkaline "D" Cell batteries. Easy to use, and reusable. Not an ultrasonic device. Optional remote monitoring with the Rat Zapper Rat Tale. Can be combined with other units as part of the Rat Zapper Battle Station. read more..

Hot Features
  • Perfect for larger rats (and mice too!), ongoing rodent infestations and commercial applications
  • Bait with ordinary pet food
  • No blood, no gore, no mess, and no poisons to endanger your pets or the environment
  • Flashing kill light tells you when you have a catch; simply tip the Rat Zapper and let the dead rodent slide into the trash can
  • Approximately 30 kills with one set of 4 alkaline "D" Cell batteries (not included)


Sale Price : Click to see Sale Price


Rat Zapper (Infrared) by tomcatn
I am giving the Rat Zapper (Infrared Model) a conditional five star rating but with reservation - which I will explain below... I purchased the Rat Zapper (along with the Rat Tale) a few months ago to use indoors because we had seen a mouse in the house and past poor experiences with conventional mouse traps. After receiving it, I baited it with cashews and turned it on. (I had rinsed the salt off of the cashews and let them dry prior to putting them in the zapper.) The Zapper worked well as we soon caught the mouse. I left it baited and turned on for a few more weeks but caught no additional mice so I turned it off during the summer. Recently we noticed another mouse so I baited, set and turned the Rat Zapper on again. Within 3 minutes we heard the zapper zap, checked it and sure enough it had a dead mouse in it. I dumped the mouse and turned the trap back on. The next day - another dead mouse. In the following few days it zapped 2 more mice. Finally one day I smelled something so not pleasant. I wondered if it could be a dead mouse in the zapper. I checked and sure enough there was a dead (and obviously decomposing) mouse in it but the red eyes of the Rat Tale were not flashing. I presumed the batteries had died. I soon bought more batteries for it but before installing them I checked by just turning the zapper on again and from that, it appears that the batteries are still good but I'm not positive about that. Rather than installing the new batteries and tossing out the old (and possibly still good) ones I found the website of the Rat Zapper manufacturer and last night I wrote an email to them explaining the problem of the lights not flashing after it had a dead mouse in it and asked for their guidance and asking if the zapper could be malfunctioning or if in fact the batteries could be too weak for it to operate properly. Well it's nearly 24 hours later and I've yet to receive a reply to my email. I suppose today being Columbus Day it's possible that the business was not open. Plus it's possible they require more than 1 day to reply to email questions. The conditional 5 star rating I have initially given the Rat Zapper is based on our experience thus far. It has worked well during the limited amount of time it has been in use - with the exception of our most recent experience with it when it zapped a mouse but the flashing lights failed to activate to notify us of a dead mouse in the trap. Depending on whether the aforementioned light flashing failure is a defect of this device or a battery problem, and depending on what the manufacturer may do to help alleviate any such defect or replace the Rat Zapper in the case of a malfunction or failure, my future follow-up to this rating and review will reflect any change in my opinion.



The one con about this Rat Zapper that I can report about to date is that there is no easy way to clean the chamber where the mouse/rat is zapped and ultimately remains until removed by the owner. It would have been a really nice feature if the bottom was removable for easy cleaning or had a removable tray or something to make it easier to clean. I will follow-up on my report of this zapper.



Tom (tomcatN)

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น